Sunday 8 June 2014

One for the boys inspiration plus winners

Good morning folks, its definitely perfect crafting weather here in the UK this weekend so why don't you make the most of it and join our One for the Boys Challenge??

If you're visiting to link up your project, just click here to go straight to the challenge

You've still got a whole week to enter to be in with a chance of winning some gorgeous crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands so what are you waiting for?? Oh I know, the winner and Top 3 from Challenge 14 lol.

Without any further ado, our lucky winner (chosen by Random.org)  is.........

2. Butterfly (Alison)

wooo hoo congratulations hun, email us quoting your winners code which is  PPWK1401

As always you didn't make it easy to choose the top 3, a big thank you to everyone who entered, there were so many amazing projects. So the Top 3, chosen by the DT are

10 Shirley
16. Doreen
25 Susanne

Well done ladies! Don't forget to pick up your Top 3 badges for your blogs!

So back to our 'One for the Boys' challenge, the DT have created some fabby projects to inspire you!

Anjie - To create my card I used the Roses A5 stamp set. You wouldn't think that a Roses stamp set would suit for a male card would you! For the background I stamped the large splat in a dark blue ink, and then the smaller splat with a lighter blue and a dark yellow. For the front stripe I used the 3 different clock faces and a set of clock hands in the same colours. I used the Phthalo Blue Shade - Pan Pastel to give a distressed look around the edges. I then added one of the sentiments to the front and some bakers twine.




Claire C I've made a canvas using Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and PanPastels in Raw Umber plus Shade, Burnt Sienna plus Shade creating lots of texture to give a wood effect and sealed with Maimeri Glossy Gel Medium. I've used Maimeri Acrylic Paints on the cogs.




Terry I was playing around with a heart wallhanger for the Boys, the background is worked on with light modelling paste, the roses stencil. The roses are colored with PanPastels that I mixed together. The wooden butterflies underneith are colored with Pans too. 

 


Lou: I too have used the Roses A5 stamp set. as adore all the elements of this sheet. I created my background using Diarylide Yellow Shade, Raw Umber, Hansa Yellow Tint and Rich Gold pan pastels. For my background, I have over stamped with the clock image using Mustard Seed distress ink. On the main image, I have stamped my images using black Adirondak ink pad. Hearts have been punched out from red card and layered. Also for a change, I have made a DL card!




250.3 Diarylide Yellow Shade - Pan Pastel  780.1 Raw Umber Extra Dark - Pan Pastel  220.8 Hansa Yellow Tint - Pan Pastel  Rich Gold - Metallic Pan Pastel  



I'm sure you'll agree the DT have created some fabulous projects to inspire you. You can find the linky for the challenge 

thanks for visiting, we'll be back next week with another fun challenge 
xx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking me as one of your top three,congrats to everyone else...The DT make are gorgeous as always.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge thank you for choosing my card in your top three. I will show my badge with pride.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you Mr Random Generator, and thanks to PPUK... Congratulations to the top 3 too! Fabulous makes from the team as ever...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!